Fabrication & Welding
Accredited to ISO3834 – 2. Quality Certification for fusion welding.
The fabrication department is equipped with a large selection of plant to cope with medium to heavy fabrication requirements of centrifuges and similar equipment. Apprentice-trained personnel are qualified to ASME IX, NACE on SMAW, GTAW, SAW, GMAW & FCAW on a wide range of materials including 2205, 2507, Zeron and Hastelloy.
Broadbent are members of the Welding Institute who are specialists in all forms of welding, jointing and NDT used in industrial applications.
Overhead lifting facilities up to 25 tonnes capacity and flexible positioners ensure that optimum welding arrangements are used leading to high-integrity welds. Extensive use is made of both internal and external NDT to confirm the weld quality and conform to agreed quality plans and weld procedures.
Capacity Lists – Highlights
- 25 welding sets including several new Miller XMS 425 MPa Synergic Welding Systems.
- Sub-arc welding (with column & boom).
- Auto alignment 800 Amp.
- Boom 3000 x 3500mm
- Hausler 4 roller bending forming rolls for cylinders and cones.
- Capacity up to 2000 mm wide 20 mm thick plate.
- 5 x 3000KG Positioners
- 1 x 5000KG Positioner
- 1 X 8500KG Positioner
- 500 tonne Vertical Press.
- 75 tonne Horizontal Press.