High Grade Continuous Centrifuges
The Broadbent SPVH High Grade Continuous Centrifuge is designed to process high grade sugar massecuites for continuous performance with batch results.
With design inspired and informed by the innovative technology of NQEA and its partners in the Australian sugar industry, our high grade continuous centrifuges offer a realistic alternative to batch centrifuges for specific products.
- low maintenance
- innovative and gentle crystal discharge system
- central feed and distribution cone incorporating steam re-heating
- primary and secondary separation area in dual angle basket
- high open area working screens
- three-point external suspension using steel spring isolators
- grease-lubricated bearing configuration
- high level of automation (eg feed valve, wash valve, steam)
Optional extras include:
- stainless steel contact parts
- liquid discharge (allows part dissolving facility plus high/ low purity liquor separation within the casing)
|Characteristic||Typical batch centrifuge||High grade continuous centrifuge|
|Capacity (t/h massecuite)||30||30|
|Discharged crystal condition||Excellent||Good|
|Percentage of fines||Very low||Low|
|Sugar purity||Very high||High|
|Sugar moisture (% W/W ex-cent)||approx. 0.75||approx. 1.5|
|Power consumption (kWh/t Mcute)||+/-1.0||+/- 0.6|
|Control||Automatic with PLC||Automatic with PLC|
For massecuites with a large crystal size (MA) and a small variation in size (CV), high grade continuous centrifuges offer a valuable alternative to batch centrifuges for:
- raw sugar production (inc VHP)
- refinery affination
- refined white sugar.
It is important to review both massecuite MA/CV and downstream dryer capacity when considering high grade continuous centrifuges. For help and advice, don’t hesitate to contact our helpful expert team.